Spears has announced that her relationship with talent agent Jason Trawick had ended.“Britney Spears and Jason Trawick have mutually agreed to end their one-year engagement,” her rep Jeff Raymond told the news media. “As two mature adults, they came to the difficult decision to go their separate ways while continuing to remain friends.”

Spears and Trawick also released their own statements:”Jason and I have decided to call off our engagement,” Spears said. “I’ll always adore him and we will remain great friends.”

Trawick added: “As this chapter ends for us a new one begins. I love and cherish her and her boys and we will be close forever.”

Spears, has been under a court-supervised conservatorship since February 2008, with her father and another co-conservator, Andrew Wallet, having control over numerous aspects of her personal life. The case was opened after several incidents of erratic behaviour by the pop singer and a pair of hospitalizations, but Spears has recovered and she appeared weekly on "X Factor."

Trawick, who used to be the singer’s agent, got engaged to her in December 2011 and was added as co-conservator. A position he however resigned from on Friday with Superior Court Judge Reva Goetz approving his departure from the case.

It has been a dramatic week for the Pop Princess who also confirmed today that she won’t be returning for a second season on The X Factor.

“I’ve made the very difficult decision not to return for another season,” Spears said in a statement released to the media. “I had an incredible time doing the show and I love the other judges and I am so proud of my teens, but it’s time for me to get back in the studio.”

"I can't wait to get back out there and do what I love most," she said.

According to some reports, the couple remain friends and decided to call it quits because “they had grown apart.”

The 31-year-old mother of two started dating Trawick, 40, after her divorce in 2007 from ex-husband Kevin Federline.

Post a Comment