The Argentine says he will not dwell on his latest feat, and admits the busy nature of his footballing schedule means his focus will immediately turn to his next game

 "Obviously I am very happy to win [the Ballon d'Or] again, it is the fourth one so it is a [great] joy for me, I will find a little space for the trophy at home," he told reporters.

"There is no time to stop and think about these prizes, nor to enjoy them. [Instead, I] think about the games coming up - everything comes very quickly.



"I do not compare myself or think about being the best in the world, I just try to enjoy it but there is not much time to stop and think about the things you achieve because we play every three days.

"As I always say, at the end of my career I will look back at what I have done, people will have their opinions and I will realise what my career was.

The Barcelona forward polled 41.6 per cent of the vote, with Cristiano Ronaldo finishing in second place with 23.68% and Andres Iniesta taking third spot on 10.91%.

Post a Comment