The Portuguese coach remembers his time in the Premier League fondly, and believes that Manchester City have all the quality to triumph on the Continent


Real Madrid coach Jose Mourinho has stated that he is looking forward to returning to England when his side face Manchester City in the Champions League on Wednesday.
 The Portuguese enjoyed an immensely successful spell in charge of Chelsea between 2004 and 2007, and remembers his time in the Premier League fondly.

"I was looking forward to coming back to England," he told reporters.

"I never hide my feelings, even when it means sadness for many people. I admire England, there are tough opponents, but I enjoy the games and the atmosphere.

"Differences between Premier League and La Liga? Every league is different from the others in terms of tradition, culture, style, media ... it's everything. I've been lucky and I have had experience in several European leagues.

"I think Manchester City are a great team - a candidate to win the Champions League. The situation they are going through in Europe is not normal. It's normal that they can feel disappointed."

Mourinho spoke openly of his coaching career to date, and said that last season's Liga victory was his finest achievement.



"My best moments in the Champions League: the two titles; the worst moments: the two semi-finals I lost on penalties. And there is another main moment which is forbidden to talk about.

"I have been awarded as the best coach in Portugal, Italy and England. I don't care about this season's prize. The most important thing is that we won La Liga.

"If I am going to stay here next season? Tomorrow we have an important match and I have already answered too many questions about myself."

 

Post a Comment